- 9 Apr 2022 Decatur Post 15 Motorcycle Riders Drill Team Competition in Decatur Chapter 15 parking lot. JCHS JROTC and Sparkman JROTC competing; Bob Jones - (TBD), starts at 9 A.M. No Cost
- 14 Apr - Monthly Post 229 American Legion meeting at Black Patch Distillery, 500 Lanier Dr. Suite C3, Madison; Social at 1830; Meeting at 1900.
Larry Vannoy Presents Boy Scout Troop 201 a Post 229 check for $200 at the 14 Apr meeting.
- 19 Apr - Bob Jones High School JROTC Awards Ceremony in BJHS auditorium, 6-7 PM, to include a presentation by Cdr, Post 229.
- 20 Apr - Sparkman High School JROTC Awards Ceremony, 9:30 AM.
1320 Apr - James Clemens High School JROTC Awards Ceremony in JCHS Auditorium, 6-7 PM, to include a presentation by Cdr, Post 229.
Jean Downs Presents Auxiliary Award to JROTC awardee at James Clemens HS.
- 22 Apr - Army Reserve Anniversary Breakfast, Jackson Center, 7:30 AM.
- 27 Apr - 1 May Honored Veteran Legacies forwarded info on an upcoming airshow with WWII aircraft in Meridianville. For details, click on this link: https://www.airpowersquadron.org/huntsville-al
- 28 Apr - The monthly open Veterans Breakfast at Little Libby's Catfish at 234 Lime Quarry Rd., Madison, AL starts at 0830.
- Apr (TBD) Post 229 Baseball tryouts are planned for Apr.
- 3 May - Honored Veteran Legacies meeting held at 1030 at the Hope Church on Balch Rd., Madison, AL. (Honoring U.S. veterans over age 65).
- 4 May - Home Run Derby, Palmer Park, Madison, AL. Post volunteers should arrive at 5:15 PM. NOTE: Click on Link to connect to Sign-up Genius to participate in this event. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0f45abab2ea3fd0-mlbhomerun
Bobby Lee awards Post 229's 2022 Home Run Derby Winner: Joshua Withide (14 Home Runs!)
- 4 May - NAVFOC Meeting 5:30-6:30 PM. Location - TBD.
- 6 May - Applications to attend Boys State must be mailed before the May 6th deadline. See competition note below.
- 12 May - Monthly Post 229 American Legion meeting at Black Patch Distillery, 500 Lanier Dr. Suite C3, Madison. Social at 1830; Meeting at 1900. Post elections will be held for Post Legion year 2022-2023 at this meeting.
- 11 May - UPDATED: Law Enforcement Appreciation Day. Location: at Madison City Hall: start time: 4 PM. Come Out to support this event. Meal provided thanks to Lawler's Barbeque, Hughes Rd, Madison, AL!
- 15 May - Post 229 Baseball Season Registration closes. Contact Cdr Post 229 or Bobby Lee for more details on the Baseball season.
- 18 May - Pitch, Hit and Run baseball (PH&R) competition held at Palmer Park. Click on Link to connect to Sign-up Genius to participate. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0f45abab2ea3fd0-mlbpitch
- 21 May - Flag Laying at Veteran graves at local cemeteries begins at 10 AM. Assemble at Madison Royal Cemetery on Hughes Rd.
- 21 May - Legion Poppy distribution/fund raiser Begins. Post 229 lead for the poppy event this month is Bill McGhahy.
- 21-22 May - Poppy Distribution held at Wall-Marts and at Lowe's. Tom Scripture and Jack LaFontain at Wall-Mart
- 23 May - Veteran Appreciation Event at Madison Crossings Assisted Living Facility on County Line Road at 2 PM.
- 29 May - 4 Jun - Boys State Competition at Troy University; POCs: Tom Paone/John Murphy in Post 227 are local Madison County Legion coordinators? Yancy Mitchell coordinates scholarships at State Level? Orientation typically 2-3 weeks before. B'fast at Post 237 typically before bus ride to competition.
- 30 May - Memorial Day Ceremony at Post 229's Memorial Park, downtown Madison City. Andy Haq is the Post 229 lead organizer.